Ministry refers to the believer's individual Christian way of life within God's plan, with emphasis on serving God
- Ministry refers to the believer's individual Christian way of life within God's plan, with emphasis on serving God (Ephesians 4:12-16; 1 Corinthians 12:4-7; 1 Peter 4:10-11).
- God has a production plan for each believer, and that plan forms the basis for his ministry (Ephesians 2:10).
- Effective ministry is dependent upon the preparation of the believer (Ephesians 4:12) and upon the controlling ministry of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16-6.1; Ephesians 5:18).
- The preparation for service comes through the equipping ministry of the pastor-teacher (Ephesians 4:12-16), and through practice using the spiritual gift in service (Hebrews 5:12-14).
- Spiritual gifts provide the specialized ability for the ministry of each believer (Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Peter 4:10-11).
- In order for a ministry to be effective, it must be carried out in conjunction with the love spectrum (1 Corinthians 13:1-7) which is related to the ministry of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- We participate in the blessings of ministry when we serve with divine love (1 Corinthians 13:1-7) and walk by the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16, 22-23).
Wednesday, August 23, 2000