- God is the foundation for all right standards of behavior. He is the creator, is holy and has a perfect and absolute moral standard. God set up rules for the safety and well being of creation. Without God everything is relative to culture and personal opinion and there are no moral obligations (Genesis 1:1, 26-27; 1 Peter 1:15-16).
- Scripture. Romans 1:24-28, 1 Timothy 1:10, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Leviticus 18:22, and Leviticus 20:13, all indicate that God forbids homosexual activity. It is sin.
- God designed marriage to be between one man and one woman and homosexual activity contradicts this design (Genesis 2:18-24; Mark 10:6-8; Ephesians 5:32).
- Sin, including homosexual activity, results because mankind is fallen and prefers what God has made (the creature) over God himself. Because of this God gives people over (he judges) 1. to their own lusts of the heart (dishonor bodies), 2. degrading passions (unnatural sex), and 3. depraved minds (yielding all sins). God judges people according to their desires (Romans 1:24-28). Thirty-four sins or kinds of sins of choice in verses 18-28.
- Paul's rejected homosexual activity based on God's revealed moral law and God’s design for marriage. Furthermore, homosexual activity was widespread in the culture of Paul’s time. He went against the culture when he, under inspiration, penned God’s word.
- God will forgive this sin just like any other sin (Romans 3.21-25; 1 Tim 1:15-16; 1 John 1:5-2:2).
- Homosexual activity is self destructive. It promotes compulsive promiscuity, drug use, mental trouble, damage to the body, and disease. (See Thomas Schmidt, Straight and Narrow, IV Press, 1995).
- Bible words for homosexual activity. Abomination, detestable act תּוֹעֵבָה=to`ebah Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13 & LXX; Deuteronomy 17:1,4; Genesis 19 narrative; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 uncleanness, ἀκαθαρσία= akatharsia and homosexuals, ἀρσενοκοίτης =apsenokoites; 1 Timothy 1:10 ἀρσενοκοίτης= arsenokoites; Romans 1:24-28 impurity/uncleanness, ἀκαθαρσία=akatharsia).
Wednesday, February 8, 2017