A brief study of the Doctrine of Demons.
- Demons are most probably angels who chose to follow Satan when he sinned (Matthew 12:24 and 25:41.)
- Demons believe that God exist and they fear him (James 2:19).
- Demons have a system of doctrine and they seek to spread that to mankind (1 Timothy 4:1).
- Demons can cause both physical (Matthew 9:32-33) and mental illness (Matthew 17:15).
- Demons are able to deceive believers into accepting false doctrine and wrong actions (Acts 5:3; 2 Corinthians 11.3-4; 1Timothy 4:1).
- Demons can indwell and control people (Matthew 8:16 and 28-34). But they apparently cannot indwell believers because the Holy Spirit lives in every believer (1 John 4:4).
- Idolatry and demonism are related (1 Corinthians 10.20-21).
- Mankind will worship demons in the tribulation period (Revelation 9:20).
- Believers are at war with demons (Ephesians 6:10-12; 1 Peter 5.7-9; 2 Timothy 2.26).
- Believers have spiritual weapons and instructions so they can not be defeated by demons.
- Armor (Ephesians 6:13-18)
- Be watchful, alert (1 Peter 5:7-9)
- Resist them and chose fellowship with God and God’s will (James 4:7).
- Do not take demons lightly or get into a situation where demons can take advantage of you (Ephesians 4:27).
Wednesday, May 31, 2006